Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Colorblind

I was browsing through Matteus' blog the other day and came across one entry on Tan Hong Ming's interview. It was hilarious and he was really cute. But besides these, Hong Ming also taught us something valuable, that we should perceive people above their races, status and colors.

Sometimes, when I talked to my friends who are still in school, I find out that many of them only mix with the people of the same race. They will often joke and make fun if somebody chooses to do otherwise. C'mon. There is nothing wrong to be friends, or even best friends with people from other ethnics groups.

I was at Dewan Sri a few weeks ago, for SGGS's musical presentation. Though I may not be able to remember any of the songs or lyrics sung that night, there is one thing that really impressed me and will served as a reminder for me forever.

It was the unity among the crew, Chinese, Malays, Indians and etc. The love for one another. The love for everyone. The genuine love. After the drama, they were seen snapping pictures with one another and hugging each other, exchanging words of encouragement and praise for one another. They enjoy being with one another. They didn’t pretend. It was real. How very touching. I personally think that it is the best scenes compared to all the scenes I watched that night.

And the funny thing was they weren't acting at all.

Lord, when it comes to people and friendships, help me to be colorblind, that I will be able to see beyond colors, races and backgrounds, just like how You see them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awwww wilson...that is so sweet.did i tell u that we were praying together backstage too?everyone...n we were calling the name of Jesus.it was truly amazing.although most of the ppl are not Christians,they just joined us as we joined our hands and prayed.Even malays!!!!it is one of the most memorable moments in the play.maybe a seed was planted....

Tue May 13, 03:52:00 AM

 
Blogger wILz said...

Amen! That is exactly the reason why God placed us in school. I am encouraged, Rachel!

Mon May 19, 08:11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home