Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fourth Day of Chinese New Year, Sunday, 10th February 2008

Went for Sunday Service this morning. Was glad to see so many friends who were back to Penang during this time. Had a good time catching up with Serene, Leslie, Xe Hui, Michael, Jocelyn, Alvin and many others over lunch at the Nyonya Restaurant in New World Park.

After lunch, I followed Oliver and John to attend the funeral service at Batu Gantong. It was a sad farewell for many lives that have been greatly touched by Aunty Irene's life. Till we meet again, Aunty Irene!

Chern followed me to Gurney Plaza to buy a birthday present. I promised Asher one but totally forgotten about it until today when he approached me this morning. Felt very bad. Anyway, Happy Birthday to you, Asher! Hope you like the present!

I went home to prepare for tonight's steamboat. Yea. We are having steamboat again for tonight. I have invited some of my friends over to my house for dinner. Actually, would like to invite more but my small kampung house cannot fit too many people. Haha.

Joshua and Leonard arrived first, followed by Oon Peng, Oon Feng and Marcus Pan. I thank God for Leonard who was so willingly to ride the bike to road junction to guide the rest in. (he wasn't of age to be legally riding a bike). Haha. Jonathan and Sarah came and Javern joined in a while later. Only halfway trough the dinner that Samuel came to join us. We had a great time of fellowship over the table.

For many people, Chinese New Year wouldn't be complete without poker. Yay! Poker! All of us quickly sat down and Oon Peng, the grandmaster gave everyone a brief instruction of the game. Hmmn. Everyone was so excited. Don't worry, we didn't gamble. We are good people. Haha. Everyone was given RM2 as float which later had to be returned after the game. It was a good game. We had lots of fun. It's very funny to see people like Jonathan, Marcus and Joshua (supposedly good people) shouting and yelling as they played. Marcus tried to cheat and got caught red handed in that game. Haha.

After all the playing, we had steamboat again. I think all the yelling made most of us hungry again. We sat down and eat again and by the time we finished, it was already past midnight.

I really had fun. I think this is the day where I enjoyed most throughout my Chinese New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home