Sunday, November 18, 2007

YMCA Bible Quiz 2007

I promised that I'll write. So, here's one.

The Youth of Penang Christian Centre has once again proved that with God, impossible is nothing.

The cut the long story shot, Yes. We WON! Yay! We won the YMCA Bible Quiz 2007! I can’t believe myself saying this, but this year, we came home with Champion, First and Second runner up. Yay! I am beaming.

It's God. It is our God who had granted us the victory. We couldn’t do it ourselves. We have nothing. We started revision late and had very limited time for preparation. In fact, we didn't even go through the chapters thoroughly. We were just in time to browse through the Book of Luke and off we went for the Bible Quiz.

I was just telling myself that we should consider ourselves "lucky" even to come home with a consolation prize. Not that I did not have faith in my fellow quizzers, but I do believe that the other participating churches must had also tried their very best. God is good to us. I guess the old saying is true, we just do our best and God will do the rest. He has indeed. And we want to give Him all the praise, honour and glory due Him.

I am very impressed with my fellow quizzers. ALL OF THEM performed exceptionally well. They answered well, not forgetting the many risks they took. My heart almost gave away when one of the quizzer stood up even before the quiz master read the question. The funny thing is that they got that answer correct and was awarded points accordingly. Haha. I just hope that they committee wouldn't start to think that we "pakat" with the quiz master.

They really gave their all, their best, surrendering everything to God. They sacrificed a lot of important meetings and activities. They skipped meals and willingly sacrificed their supposedly "holiday".

And to all quizzers, CONGRATULATIONS! All your hard work and sleepless nights did not go in vain. God honours those who honour Him. Amen?

I am very proud of you, each and everyone of you. You all are like the many parts in the body who worked together towards a purpose, a destiny.

Once again we are reminded, we are always BETTER TOGETHER.

Praise Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home