Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First day of Chinese New Year, Thursday, 7th February 2008

Woke up around 11 something this morning. Seriously, I can't believe its Chinese New Year already. We spent so much time and effort to prepare for this day and when it's finally here, I just can't feel a thing. Had our usual "geng-geng" dessert (it's a traditional belief that one has to start a new year with sweet stuff). So, you can imagine how sweet that dessert was. I also had some sui kows made by dad.Yummy.

Went to bathe and get ready for visitation. Second uncle and family arrived in their new Myvi. At every glimpse of that car, I can't help but to ask myself when I can finally own my first car. Arggh. I don't like that.

They were already waiting for us as we reached my first uncle's house. As usual the adults will start going around giving angpows and brag about their long hours of house chores before the New Year while we the younger generation will just sit there and make a lot of noise. And EAT. And snap pictures.

After that, all three families went to visit a relative staying just five minutes away. I didn't want to go, but the thought of missing all the angpows there made me changed my mind.

All my two uncles and families later joined us at my house for lunch. Again, we had steamboat. I am probably very scared of fish balls nowadays. Just the mention of it already enough to make me feeling nauseous.




We had dinner at my second uncle's place. Good thing it's not steamboat again.This time, we had rice with dishes. The dishes were very nice. Real hainanese Chinese New Year dishes. Haven't had it for a very long time. Cannot deny that aunty is a really good cook. Yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home