Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chinese New Year Eve, Wednesday, 6th February 2008

Frankly, I didn’t feel like Chinese New Year is just one day away. Don’t know why. Maybe this is the way we will feel when age caught up with us. Went to work as usual. Most had taken leave so the church office looked like a ghost town. Brought some cookies I baked to share with those who was still around in the office. Lucky them. Or rather should I say not so lucky. Just hope that they didn’t keep running to the toilet after that.

Oh ya, we were allowed to go home at 1pm today. Yay! I think that’s the only excitement which all of us were anticipating. Somehow wished that the clock would tick faster. Come 12 something, Amos and Wayne came to the office to look for me. I was quite looking forward for that. It was our annual ritual thing. An annual business to meet up and then go lepak in Gurney.

Gurney was super packed by the time we reached and we went to have our so called reunion lunch at Pastamania. Met a few friends here and there. I remember this time last year I met Kuan Nee and her mum outside the handphone shop. It has been a year since I last saw her. Exactly one year. Time flies, huh.

After lunch, we went around Gurney and I bought 2 long sleeve shirts for CNY. It was quite last minute but what the heck, it was on the 50 percent offer bin and it’s reasonably cheap after the discount.

Any of our outings in Gurney wouldn’t be complete if we don’t visit the arcade on the 7th floor. We had fun there.

Ah. It’s getting late and it’s about time to go home to prepare for the reunion dinner.






Went home and took a nap. It was supposedly an hours nap but turned out to be 2 and a half. Haha. Guessed I was too tired then. Woke up just in time for reunion dinner. We had steamboat and this time, dad and mum invited their friends over. Frankly, I felt quite awkward having reunion dinner with them. I always thought that reunion dinner was just for family members.

Went to tidy up my room. My brother helped along too. It was one of the few and rare occasions where we worked together and worked well. Haha. We finished at about midnight then we had this crazy idea of tidying up the whole house. So it was not until 3 am that we finally called it a day.

I still wasn’t able to sleep so decided to bake some more cookies. This year I got a bit lazy so I bought those cookies premix. So it was extremely easy to bake. But because of the amount of cookies I had to bake, I ended up sleeping at 7 am in the morning that day. Was pretty tired and exhausted then.

Lying on the bed. Wasn’t thinking about tomorrow. More looking forward to a good night rest

Oh ya. I remember calling a few close friends who were far from home to wish them a happy CNY. But I couldn’t reach most of them. I reckon they must be very busy or the phone line was probably too busy and congested during that peak hour. I remember one year when I was away from home during Chinese New Year, I was pretty sad and miss my home dearly. I missed my family, my friends, the food and everything about CNY. But I thank God for all the sms-es and calls from friends which brought huge comfort in those lonely times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home