Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fifth Day of Chinese New Year, Monday, 11th February 2008

Today, a bunch of us decided to go for a day trip to Yit Kuan's house in Taiping. We met up in church at about 7.30am and left 15 minutes later. Our first stop was at Maxwell Hill. We reached there around 9.30am and had a quick breakfast at the foothill. The jeep picked us up at 10am and off we went up to Maxwell Hill. The weather was very cooling and we spent some time walking around, admiring the beautiful scenery.

Yit Kuan brought us to try Taiping's famous Poh Piah somewhere around the town area. After that we had lunch at one of the restaurant in town. After lunch, we went to Yit Kuan's house to visit her parents.

I really like the place. There is a small river beside her house. The water was so nice and cooling. The water was so cold! There is a medium sized vegetables plantation just in front of her house and Yit Kuan became our guide, explaining all the different types and usage of the plants and vegetables.

After that, they went to Larut Matang to try the famous ice kacang there. I didn't go with them but went to visit some of my ex Genting colleagues, Por, Kathy and Christine. It was very nice catching up with them after so many years. Tat Shuen and Pui See couldn't make it. They were both down with fever.

Jess drove to pick me up at Kathy's house about an hour later and headed back to Penang. It was quite tiring but absolutely an eventful day. I enjoyed myself.


Little did I realized that Chinese New Year has already come to an end. At least for me. Work starts tomorrow and everything will resume as normal. Anyway, I had a good break. Tiring but a very enjoyable week.

Now, I fully understand the real meaning of Chinese New Year. REUNION. A time together with friends and families. I am glad I was able to do that. I enjoyed meeting up with a lot of friends and relatives and had a really good time catching up with one another.

Who knows this could be the last time we see each other?

Happy Chinese New Year to all of you!

2 Comments:

Blogger sapphire blu said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you. wow your blog is cool..nice posts. gong xi gong xi to you on this day.

Thu Feb 14, 05:05:00 AM

 
Blogger wILz said...

Thanks. Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

Thu Feb 14, 06:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home