Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cruise

Many months ago, I had the opportunity to go on a personal cruise. Being a “kampung boy” and never had stepped a foot into a cruise in my entire life, I gladly accepted the invitation by that family, though it was just for the night because I am working the next day.

We had to wait at the pier for a small speed boat to come and pick us up, and later transport us to the cruise. According to Uncle Michael, the cruise will not come to the pier because of her size. But I don’t mind. There were many other smaller yachts parked alongside the harbour, so Sarah and I wasted no time and started to take pictures. We posed as if we were its proud owner of the yacht.

The view of the cruise became clearer as the speedboat drew closer and closer. Oh my! It was really a gigantic cruise. According to one uncle, this cruise ranks 10th in the SEA. Our Prime Minister and former Prime Minister have also used this boat for their holidays before.

We were taken for a short tour around the cruise. Everywhere we went was filled with Oohs and Waahs as we marveled at the beauty of the cruise. Sarah and I were busy taking pictures at every bent and corner. Actually, I was the one who wanted to snap as many pictures that I could. Sarah visited this cruise before so most of her pictures have been taken before this.

Everything was so nice. The master bedroom, the cabins, the lounge, the dining hall…everything. Well, what do you expect? It’s a personal cruise of a tycoon in Malaysia. By the way, the cost of maintaining this cruise is RM100 000 per month. This is what I called a rich man’s world. I wouldn’t spend that much money to maintain a cruise which I only visit once in a while. Haha. But anyway, I also don’t have that amount of money la.

I also went fishing for the very first time in my life! Thank God that at least, I caught some fishes. Really thrilling. But I didn’t get to eat the fish. According to Sarah, they cooked it for lunch the next day.

Dinner was served and this time, we had Thai food. Authentic Thai food because most of the staff on board are Thais. Haha. Sarah and I were both deceived by the clear colour soup which turned out to be very spicy tomyam soup. Haha.

I continued my fishing adventure after dinner. Sort of getting the hook of it. Sarah couldn’t resist temptation and joined in as well. Uncle Michael, who happens to be very good in fishing, was beside us giving a tip or two on the correct way of fishing. There was so much to learn in fishing.

After that, it was time to go home. I really had a lot of fun that night. Too bad, I couldn’t stay until the next day. But I thank God I had the oppurtunity to even come, even just for that night.

It was really a chance of a lifetime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

pictures.we need pictures!

Thu Aug 28, 04:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home