Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Elated

After a heavy lunch and a good time catching up with old friends, I found myself drowsing into slumberland right in front of my computer. My short nap was rudely interrupted by a phone call from one of my college friend. Sometimes, I just don’t understand why some people just have the special ability to call you at the wrong time. They are just so gifted.

He asked me about my CIM results. I jumped up. No. He must be wrong. The results will only be out on the 28th, not today. I explained to him. I know because I was dreading for that particular day, to see my results, especially the last day of my exam when I fell horribly sick. I don’t know how I fared. I dread knowing it.

To add the matter worst, he told me that he failed all his subjects. My heart just dropped. I quickly made a call to another classmate and found out that he too failed a few subjects. Oh no. I ran over to the Administrator’s secretary to check whether there is any mail for me. None. Phew. I ran down to the guard house to check whether there are any new mails. And there are. Lying on the table was a few envelopes and I noticed the larger one, an A4 sized envelope, addressed to me. I grabbed everything and went up to the office.

I caught myself praying to the Lord, begging Him to grant me good results. (don’t you think it’s little bit too late) J As I was sitting in front of my pc with my hand clutching on the envelope, I told God, “Let Your will be done” and opened the letter.

Yes. God is good. I passed all my subjects. I almost cried. He has granted me my heart’s desire. Suddenly, I felt like I’m a spoilt brat. I don’t deserve it. I don’t think I could do it without God. I thank Him again and again. I feel like hugging God, thanking Him for what He has done.

I am elated. I was lost for words. I just want to find someone to share my joy. I saw my friend nearby, gave him a big bear hug. He returned me with a punch. Haha. I don’t mind.

This is the day that the Lord hath made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Thank you, Abba!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel Chan said...

Congrats, bro! Knew you could do it! *big smile and big manly noogie and bear hug* ;)

Wed Aug 24, 02:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Leslie Yim said...

so desu (silent 'u') ne! :)

Wed Aug 24, 09:02:00 PM

 
Blogger shades said...

congrats... so can resign from church work already then?

Thu Aug 25, 01:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Angeline said...

Wilson! I'm so proud of you! Now you must start praying for me..hehe..

Thu Aug 25, 09:37:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home