Monday, August 22, 2005

Fateful Day

I never thought this could happen to me. Sigh. But it did. I was caught by the police for running in a red light just a few kilometers outside my house.

What I want to emphasize is not the summon that I got, but the over zealous concern those policemen have got and I must say that they were really enthusiastic in extending a helping hand to a poor victim like me.

From the very moment I got down from my bike and handed over my IC and driving license to one of the officer, he started to bombard me with questions like "Macam mana?", "Kamu tahukah kena bayar berapa untuk saman ini?","Kamu mampu bayarkah?" and there goes a whole list of questions for me, pausing from time to time, as if waiting for me to say something, or perhaps asking for their "help".

Tired of the whole process and questioning, I just told the officer "tulis-lah", hoping that he will just issue me the summon and get done with it. However, he did not. Another officer approached me and started the questioning all over again. Sigh. You see, I was right that they were indeed very concerned policemen.

They really thought that I would turn to them and ask for their "help". Frankly, I was tempted too. But I took my stand. I can almost imagine what my friends will say when I told them about this... "Huh! Why didn't you just pay him RM50.00 and get done with it?".."look at the mess you've yourself into"... "and now you got to pay RM300.00"... bla bla bla....

RM300.0 is a bit too much for me, and with my college's exam fees due in few weeks time, plus that my bank account is not too healthy at this moment, I've got every reason just to settle it among the police. But the fact that I am a Christian, I chose not to. I chose to pay the summon.

I'm proud. Not because that I've committed such offence, but by the grace of God, I managed to stand firm and not compromise.

3 Comments:

Blogger shades said...

write a letter to the police and ask for reduction... state that you have financial difficulty... normally they would reduce the summon...

Tue Aug 23, 12:35:00 AM

 
Blogger wILz said...

Thanks for the advice, Alvin. Really appreaciate it.

Btw, do you have a sample of the letter?

Tue Aug 23, 02:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Claire Bear said...

Proud of u, bro... =)

Wed Aug 24, 09:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home