Friday, March 18, 2005

The Storm

There was thunder. The wind swirled; heavy drops appeared from nowhere. In no time, my long-sleeved blue shirt was wet through with rain. The weather nowadays is just so abnormal. It was hot as hell this afternoon and now... it's raining cats and dogs! Many are frowning. They don't like this. I can feel that some of them are even cursing God.


---

I find some similiarities there. Just like the heavy rain, my heart is crying out; like the heavy downpour, not knowing when or how to stop. It is uncontrollable. It is unbearable. My heart is also wet through like the blue shirt I am wearing; only this time it is wet with blood. Slice after slice, the knife just keeps on slicing... not knowing that I barely have enough blood to survive. They don't realize that I can't stand much more. Do they? Do they even care?

My friend once told me that, "Wounds from friends can be trusted but enemies multiply kisses." You know what... I am seriously not sure whether this is the wound from my friend or the kisses from the enemy? I seriously dont know. I just know that I am bleeding profusely and nobody seems to care.

They are all too busy doing good stuff. They think that they are of certain standards and set themselves high above the rest... real high.......then they cast their burdens on you, trying their best to make you feel like the beggars on the streets.

They tell you how encouraged they are having you as a friend... they tell you how much you rock as a friend but they tell others how sensitive you can be, how ungodly your character can be, how your standards fall way below theirs. Crap! For the first time, I see the other side of their faces.

I seriously dont know what to do. Tell me, if you know the answer. I've questioned God, I've questioned myself. I did all the reasoning. I tried compromising. I refuse to give up. But what can I do?

This is the biggest storm in the life I've ever lived.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel Chan said...

i'm rudely jolted out of my comfort zone by the raw, naked, animal honesty in that piece...my heart goes out to you...i feel your words grabbing hold of my heart, wrenching it out, crying for empathy, sympathy, answers...help! where is god when it hurts? and most importantly and tangibly...where are CHRISTIANS when it hurts? god forgive my insensitivity, my gross disregard for human emotion, my hard heart...will you forgive me, wilz?

Tue Mar 22, 05:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Joel Chan said...

btw, fren...you CAN write. BIG TIME. keep it up la wei...

Tue Mar 22, 05:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home